Traditionally, silver fillings are used for repairing cavities.  These fillings are a mixture of metals called amalgams.  As these amalgams are known to be half mercury, this leads to many concerns.

Mercury in most forms is a very toxic metal, even at its lowest levels.  It may affect large numbers of people through dental amalgams.  The vapors of mercury are released throughout their lifetime from dental fillings which easily enter the body.  Following the drilling out of old fillings, these mercury levels actually increase.

There are issues of concern on several aspects of removing existing fillings, patients should consider the following very carefully.  Points of concern are: Safe removal of the existing mercury fillings, safe detoxification, and replacement of appropriate and alternative materials.

Be aware of the possible symptoms of chronic mercury poisoning, which include: Irritability, depression, tiredness, insomnia, anxiety, and inability to concentrate.